The aim of the course is to enable you to study, understand and demonstrate knowledge of vocabulary and grammar. This course also helps you speak confidently and use acceptable expressions in daily communication, listen and respond (orally and in writing) to each other, recorded texts and video clips, show understanding of the reading texts by responding to questions, and have writing practice.
English courses are available to students from pre-intermediate to intermediate levels. Students will be placed in the appropriate English course depending on their level.
- Use English to communicate in simple situations
- Understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment)
- Communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters
- Describe in simple terms aspects of their background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need
- Understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure…
- Deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.